Saturday, April 27, 2013

My First Bead Soup Blog Party Reveal... :)

Hello everyone, sorry for my late posting... :)
I just finished the soup at 3 a.m in the morning so,,, ;p (fyi it's GMT +7 here)

Here's is the wonderful beads, Melissa had sent me... :D

the beads
the vocal and the wonderful clasp

(you can check my last post here for more information about the soups) :)

Here's what I make from the soup Melissa Trudinger sent...

Due to the time, I only made one because I was too busy (and lazy) preparing my event : INACRAFT (you can check here for more information about Inacraft) It's a very HUGE annual event for all crafters and artisans who live in Indonesia... :)
but I will soon make another bracelet or earrings using the other ingredients ;)

Here's what I do...

At first I just want to make it like this...

and I leave it over-night thinking about making it in the next morning... Then on the morning when I saw it, I feel that I want to make something more... And since I'm crazy about bead-embroidery right now... I tried to make a skecth for the focal... adding this and that...

Here's my sketch :)

So I made the focal...

After looking at it, I thought that something missing, so I decide to put some wire work, just for to add some 'spice' :)

Here's the focal after the 'spice'

Then I made the necklace, put some jump rings...

And the wonderful Sari fabric... ( I just tied the fabric to the jump ring)

And yay they're done :)

Another picture (taken and edited with instagram)

There... I hope you love it, especially my beadswap partner, Melissa... 
Thank you for sending me such a wonderful soup...

I'm open to any suggestion and comments, and anything you wanted to post...
Thanks...

Love,
Jane Pranata Lim
(27 April 2013 01:34 P.M)

PS: I'm looking for a book to refresh my blog layout and learning some things about blogging... If you know about some wonderful books about it, would you mind sharing it here? Thanks :)

39 comments:

diah anggreni said...

Love it...very beautiful.... love the focal and how you combine all the ingredients.......

Chris Hansen said...

Oh, wow - that turned out amazing! I'm in awe of your wonderful bead-embroidery skills! Love how you pulled all of those juicy vibrant colors together! Well done!

Lilik Kristiani said...

Wwwuuahhhh...I love the colors combo...so perfect for summer *good job* with the focal =)

cherryeve said...

Thank you so much mb Eni, mb Lilik and Christine Hansen... Thanks for stopping by, I'm also planning to take a bead-soup-blog tour after shopping for groceries later... ;)

Nelly May said...

That's a work of art. A beautiful combination of colours, textures and shapes. Perfect.

bailaora said...

great beaded embroidery, so fashionable!!!

VS said...

Such wonderful & intricate bead work my friend! Your soup is amazing, WELL ONE!

Unknown said...


Gorgeous! The color combo is wonderful and the beadwork and wire work set the focal up very nicely. In fact,this necklace will be in my favs list which I will post tomorrow.
kathy

cherryeve said...

Nelly May, bailaora, vintagesusie, kathy stemke thank you so much :)
and thanks for adding this necklace to your favs list, Kathy :)

Peikkonen said...

Ooh... I love paisley, and have also been doing bead embroidery lately :) I think the copper swirls really make a difference, and the colors are both fun and beautiful.

AllesPerle said...

Very creative and colourful! Great job!

Othel said...

What an interesting picture story! And I like the result, too.

Kari Asbury said...

Beautiful! I love the colors and the work you put into creating that fantastic focal!

LoriF said...

I adore seeing the process...I'm such a "why and how" girl...so I really appreciate that you showed that! The result is absolutely gorgeous; a work of art for sure! Good luck with your event!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous use of the components...love all the colors!!!

Anonymous said...

I really love what you have done with the pendant and the necklace is wonderful! Thank you for being a fantastic bead soup partner!

Pepita said...

Very lovely! It is much better with the embroidery focal as before.

Clayworks by Lisa Boucher said...

Very nice work on the focal! Wow - your necklace turned out great! Nice color combinations too.

Giorgia Rossini said...

what a piece of art, it is stunning and I LOVE it!
you are very talented!

for the blog: on internet you can find almost everything about blogging, blog ayout, tutorial... I think you don't need a book :)

ciao dall'Italia

Bonnie said...

OMG I love the bead weaving to create such a spectacular focal for you piece. I want to learn how to do that.

Just Beads said...

I love it. Very nice color combination. Such a beautiful piece for the summer.

VasDea said...

What a pretty combo - well done.

cherryeve said...

Everybody thanks for your wonderful comments... They make me feel even happier... :D

Dear Lorry, thanks for hosting such a wonderful event... Hope I can join the next beadsoups <3

Dear Melissa, this necklace won't be like this without your lovely chosen beads... Thanks for sending them to me :) <3

Anonymous said...

love how you've worked this soup into a stunning statement necklace, just amazing

Natalie Fletcher said...

Hi Jane,
Just wanted to say how much I love what you did with your bead soup goodies from Melissa. I'm the clay artist who made the ceramic toggle clasp :)

cherryeve said...

@Natalie Fletcher
hello Natalie, thanks for making the wonderful toggle clasp... It's perfect! I love it so much! :)
and thanks for stopping by... :D

Donetta said...

I love your final design; it's amazing!

Kepi said...

Wow, what an artistic piece, great design.

PiPa said...

It's such an interesting piece, I love the wire addition and that the whole piece is so colorful!

vovsblog said...

Beautiful work well done!

gelfling50 said...

Wow I have never been able to do that kinda work ...You talent is very evident. I like what you made. Ty for sharing with us all, bye for now and Happy beading....
http://jaacquelinesjewels.blogspot.com/2013/03/bead-soup-blog-party-reveal-is-here.html

la mar de bonita said...

Nice cooking, Jane! I love the vibrant colour mix you used in your necklace!

Becky Pancake said...

Jane your necklace is wonderful. Great job on your bead embroidery and your wirework.

Christine said...

Beautiful and colorful design!

Barb Fernald said...

What an interesting palette of colors. You really brought everything together in a lovely way. You focal piece is delightful!!

Unknown said...

Great pieces...I love the mix of wire and beading! You did a fantastic job!

roomforchange said...

Wow, an amazing necklace. Well done!!

cherryeve said...

dear everyone, sorry for my late reply... Thank you for all your comments... Love themmmm...

Unfortunately, these days there're many events and workshops which I've to attend,and I just so exhausted that I haven't do anything yet (replying posts, blog hopping, change my blog's layout, etc)...

The new and surprising event (I just hopped in it,3 days before the opening day, so I went crazy trying to get everything right for the exhibition) will end at 19th May, hopefully I can do all the bloggy things after that...
Sorry and thanks for coming...

~Cheers
Jane :)

CraftyHope said...

Your design came together perfectly! I like hearing about your process of leaving the design and adding to it. Beautiful job! It ended up nice.